Mon. Oct 21st, 2019

Wireman electrocuted in Lanao


PANTAR, LANAO DEL NORTE ( June 24, 2019) – An electrician namely “Mama” was injured after electrocutes and falls from 25 feet utility pole on Monday night in Barangay Poona-Punod, this town.

Barangay Poona-Punod experienced 2-day lack of electricity since June 23 this year, according to Barangay chairman Cabsaran Alingan.

Alingan said, “Inaayos niya [Mama] ang kuryente namin dahil dalawang araw na kaming walang ilaw.”

(He [Mama] fixing wire because we have no electricity for two days)

Mama suffering from wounds in head and electric shocks.

“Nauna ang ulo niya sa kalsada matapos siya makuryente,” said Alingan.  

(His head was bumped the road after he was electrocuted)

Alingan added that Mama regularly repair the cut-out wire from the transformer since decades ago.

Mama immediately sent to Amai Pak-Pak Central Medical Hospital in Marawi City on Monday night.